Water Service Pipe (WSP) Repairs
Having access to a ready supply of clean water is essential to modern daily life – so if something goes wrong, it’s just as important to know where to turn for reliable, efficient and cost-effective clean water pipe repair services.
Clean water pipes can spring leaks or suffer catastrophic bursts at any time, causing serious flooding in homes and commercial properties alike. Even smaller leaks, if left unaddressed, can result in higher water bills and gradually damage your property in hugely expensive ways.
As the UK’s leading privately-owned specialist drainage and wastewater contractor, Lanes for Drains can offer a clean water pipe repair service that answers all of these problems. We provide clean water pipe repairs for some of the UK’s largest insurance companies, as well as a direct service for commercial and domestic customers.
Our experienced and qualified clean water pipe fitters operate across the UK, ready to help 24/7 if and when something goes wrong with part of your water service pipe system. No matter the circumstances, we’ll find the right solution to your problem, and carry out our work in a way that minimises disruption for you.
For more information about our clean water pipe repair service, call Lanes for Drains today on 0333 344 2937, or fill in our online enquiry form to request a call back at your convenience. We will provide a free no-obligation quote for any work we carry out.
How can I check if I have a water service pipe leak?
The first sign of a hidden problem with a water service pipe is often an unusually high rate of water usage, which can be identified by checking your water meter, or by noticing that your water bills are much more expensive than usual.
If you suspect that you have a leak, you can conduct the following initial check:
- Turn all your taps off
- Listen to your supply pipe – if you can hear water flowing, this may indicate a leak
Other indications include:
- Reduced water pressure coming from your kitchen tap
- An unusually lush or long patch of grass in your front garden, when the rest of the lawn is dry
- A patch of water on your tarmac, particularly on an otherwise dry day
If you suspect that your water service pipe system has developed a leak, it’s best to seek out a fast and effective water leak detection service as soon as possible.
Who is responsible for clean water service pipe repairs?
Determining who is responsible for carrying out your water service pipe repairs depends on the location of the leak, and the type of pipe that has been affected:
- Water service pipes are the pipework that transport clean drinking water from the main carrier pipe to each individual property, and are the responsibility of the property owner.
- Water mains pipes are large-diameter pipes that carry and distribute water around the national network. These are the responsibility of the water company.
When you locate a water service pipe leak, it’s therefore important to call the right people to help:
- If the leak is located between your external stop valve and internal stop valve, call an expert clean water pipe repair service provider like Lanes for Drains. If a relevant policy is in place, this can be handled via an insurer.
- If the leak is located after the internal stop valve, call a qualified plumber. If a relevant policy is in place, this can also be handled via an insurer.
- If you are unsure whether the leak is on your property or whether you are responsible, contact your local water authority to investigate this further for you.
How can Lanes help?
At Lanes, we offer a water pipe leak repair service you can trust, covering all aspects of the repair process, with a strong dedication to caring customer service.
As part of our services, we will:
use advanced water leak detection tools, combined with many years of experience among our team of qualified clean water operatives, to search for and pinpoint the exact position of any leak
- confirm whether the leak is your responsibility, while supplying you with the information you need to approach the relevant water authority if the leak is their responsibility
- select the most appropriate method of repair for each case, whether this be a spot repair, a renewal of your supply pipe or a rerouting of the piping system
- carry out any necessary water pipe repairs, using the latest no-dig trenchless technology to minimise the disruption and costs associated
assist with supplying a cause of damage for you to approach your insurer to explore the option of them covering the cost of repairing the leak
We work with some of the country’s most prominent insurance companies to carry out these repairs, as well as providing a direct service for commercial and domestic customers. All of our operatives are NRSWA-trained, meaning they are qualified to work in roadways and around other utility assets.
Lanes also prides itself on setting the highest health and safety standards, so you can be sure that you and your property will be safeguarded at all times.
Contact us today
If you have an inquiry about our clean water pipe repair service, contact Lanes for Drains today. We will supply a free, no-obligation quote for any required works, and can arrange to complete the required repair works at a time that is convenient for you.
Give us a call on 0333 344 2937, or fill in our online enquiry form to arrange a time for us to call you back.