Hydro Demolition Services
Hydro demolition is one of the safest and most effective ways of removing concrete without any risk of damage to surrounding structures. At Lanes for Drains, we are experts in providing sophisticated hydro demolition services that offer great results and environmental benefits.
Lanes utilises the very latest high-pressure water jetting technology to remove unwanted or deteriorated concrete, grout and asphalt, in a way that is straightforward and cost-effective. Our hydro demolition work is highly efficient, delivering much better outcomes than traditional demolition methods with minimal disruption.
As the UK’s leading privately-owned specialist drainage and wastewater contractor, we have years of experience delivering hydro demolition services, and can work with you to plan and carry out our work in a way that meets your specific needs.
Our hydro demolition services
At Lanes for Drains, our highly qualified engineers can deliver industry-leading hydro demolition services for a wide range of applications. Here’s what we can do for you:
- Scope out and plan the project to ensure that our demolition services can be delivered safely and efficiently
- Remove and break down concrete, grout or asphalt utilising robotically-controlled, ultra-high pressure water jetting equipment, which operates a pressure of 30,000 psi at 22 to 30 litres of water per minute
- Contain, remove and process any water used during the demolition process in a way that is environmentally friendly and avoids any potential site contamination
By getting in touch with us, we can evaluate the needs of your specific project, and work out how best to carry out the necessary hydro demolition work with maximum efficiency.
What are the benefits of hydro demolition?
Also known as hydro blasting, hydro demolition has been in use since the 1980s as an alternative method of precision demolition, used for cutting through and removing concrete, grout and asphalt in situations where the targeted area needs to be clearly defined.
Here are just a few of the benefits of hydro demolition:
- Concrete can be effectively removed without any risk of damage to the steel substructures within or around the concrete
- The method is vibration-free, meaning no risk of cracks or microfracture damage to surrounding structures, as well as making the process safer for workers
- No toxic chemicals are used during hydro demolition
- No dust or noise pollution is generated during the process
- The water used during the process is collected and purified after use, further ensuring the environmental friendliness of the process
- The process is quicker and more cost-effective than other demolition methods, as well as requiring less disruption
The technique is ideal for removing asphalt and grout that is damaged or has deteriorated, or to cut away grout that has spilled into drains during the construction process. These techniques were also used by the oil industry in Kuwait during the 1990s to clean well heads after they had been damaged by conflict, enabling them to be capped and made safe.
The versatility of hydro demolition means that it is used in a wide range of applications, including the removal of concrete from:
- Parking structures
- Dams, tunnels and aqueducts
- Water treatment facilities and power plants
- Piers and docks
Why choose Lanes?
As one of the leading wastewater utility companies in the UK, Lanes is ideally qualified to help you take care of all your hydro demolition needs. Our expert engineers have years of experience in organising well-planned demolition projects, utilising the most sophisticated tools available to deliver efficient outcomes for clients across the UK.
We are proud members of the Water Jetting Association (WJA), which was founded to ensure users of such equipment are well trained, and to provide a safe code of conduct for the industry. This means you can rest assured that you are in the hands of industry-recognised experts when working with us.
With more than 2,200 members of staff across over 25 depots around the country, we offer nationwide coverage for our services. Get in touch with us 24/7, and we can have a team with you as soon as possible to figure out the best way of coordinating your project.
No matter what your needs may be, you can rely on Lanes for the very best hydro demolition services, with a focus on minimal disruption, effective results and excellent customer service.
If you’d like to know more about our hydro demolition services, get in touch today on 0800 526 488. You can also complete our online enquiry form to request a call back at a time that is convenient for you.