Commercial Septic Tank Installation
If you or your business are looking for a septic tank for a commercial property, getting the right partner to assist with the commercial septic tank installation process is essential. Lanes for Drains can oversee this entire process for you from start to finish, ensuring your septic tank will be up and running as efficiently as possible.
As the UK’s biggest privately-owned specialist drainage and wastewater contractor, we have industry-leading expertise in all aspects of installing, maintaining and looking after septic tanks. We can help you or your organisation choose the right model and the best location, and ensure that all of the necessary safety and regulatory requirements have been met.
We understand that efficient waste management and strong environmental protection standards are important to your business. By working with Lanes, we can take all the stress out of the septic tank installation process, ensuring that your premises are kept clean and sanitary, with minimal disruption for you.
Our commercial septic tank installation services
At Lanes for Drains, we offer a range of services to help businesses and commercial premises find the best approach to installing their new septic tanks:
- Helping you source the right model and size of septic tank, based on the likely wastewater output of your business or premises
- Determining the possible and ideal locations for your septic tank installation, taking into account all of the necessary factors, including geology and ground conditions
- Installing the septic tank itself responsibly and with minimal disruption, courtesy of an expert team from your local Lanes depot
- Providing advice and maintenance tips to get the most out of your septic tank, helping you avoid back-ups, blockages and odour issues in future
- Advising you on the standards you will be expected to meet under environmental legislation when emptying your septic tank
- Offering commercial service agreements to handle your tank emptying and maintenance needs in the future
By getting in touch with us, we can work out what you need from your septic tank and come up with a solution that meets your commercial needs.
Why choose Lanes?
As one of the leading providers of drainage and wastewater services in the UK, there is no better partner to help you with your commercial septic tank installation than Lanes. Our expert engineers are ready to handle the entire process for you from start to finish, from the initial planning through to the installation itself and the ongoing maintenance after that.
We utilise the most efficient and sophisticated modern technology and methods in our work, meaning we will deliver results quickly and with minimal disruption. We also uphold the very highest standards of health and safety in our work, and are committed to providing a great customer service experience every time.
With more than 2,200 members of staff across over 25 depots around the country, we are able to achieve nationwide coverage. No matter where your business premises are based, we can be contacted 24/7 and have a team with you as soon as possible.
Whatever your needs may be, Lanes will find the very best septic tank solution for your business, ensuring that you can have a fully functioning wastewater system in place for your premises with a minimum of fuss.
What must businesses consider when installing a septic tank?
Septic tanks are essential for helping isolated properties and business premises to process their wastewater when they are unable to connect to the public sewer system. However, installing this equipment can be complicated, and you will need to consider the following:
- What type of septic tank system will I need? Which mechanisms and materials should I be looking for when selecting a septic tank?
- How should the septic system be designed and located? How will soil and ground conditions affect this, and how much space will be needed for the tank and soakaway?
- What kind of planning permission and building regulations approvals will my organisation need to secure? What is the correct way to submit a design plan and sewage discharge estimates?
- What kind of excavation and fitting processes will be needed to connect the septic tank to your drainage system?
It is also vital to take the relevant environmental legislation into account. Rules that came into full effect in January 2020 mean that septic tanks are prohibited from discharging directly into a watercourse, with a fine of up to £100,000 for those that do not follow these rules.
Businesses must also remember to keep an auditable paper trail that records how often your tank is being emptied, and who is responsible for handling the waste. Failure to do so could lead to regulatory action being taken against your organisation.
The complexities involved in this process are such that it is always better to get in touch with a professional septic tank installation service to ensure you have not missed anything.
To find out more about how this process works, check out our guide to installing septic tanks.
How long will the septic tank installation take?
The length of the installation process for your property’s new septic tank is likely to vary depending on a number of factors. These could include:
- The size of the septic tank
- The environmental and soil conditions around the intended installation site
- The ease of accessing the site
- Variable weather conditions
Many septic tank installations can be completed within a week; get in touch with Lanes for Drains, and we can provide you with a more accurate estimate based on a specific assessment of your premises.
Is it necessary to vacate the premises during a septic tank installation?
As a general rule, it will not be necessary to leave your property during the septic tank installation process. Our engineers will endeavour to fully install the new tank before the old one is capped off and removed, ensuring minimal disruption for those on the premises, unless there is a specific reason why this would not be possible.
To find out more about our commercial septic tank installation services, get in touch today on 0800 526 488. You can also complete our online enquiry form to request a call back at a time that suits you.